Saturday, September 15, 2018

In Remembrance of Corey Baum

Stuart K. Hayashi

We missed Corey at OCON 2018, and we will continue to miss him, always.


Corey Baum started the In-the-Closet Objectivists podcast with Dr. Meghann Ribbens. The admittedly strange title came from the place from which they first broadcast the show: it was a space so enclosed that it was if they were in a closet. Over time, they came to joke about the irony of the title, as they made no secret of their philosophic convictions. Months later, I was honored when they invited me to join them as a co-host.

Corey passed away last night. He was a highly spirited, good-humored man; he loved to debate, and he debated with passion. In the relatively short duration through which we got to know each other over BlogTalkRadio, we had laughs and discussed our favorite movies. He encouraged me to talk matters out, many times having more confidence in me than I did. My heart goes out to his wife and daughters; his family lost someone great. His wit and wisdom will be long remembered and cherished.


______________



ADDITION on Friday, September 28, 2018: On Thursday, September 27, 2018, Meghann and I recorded the final episode of In-the-Closet Objectivists, a retrospective on Corey.